reluctantriter

Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Wx Outside is Frightful

Did I mention how much I hate being cold? We seem to be covered with a layer of artic air, settling over us like a blanket. Nonook, take it back! For a winter baby I certainly am unimpressed with anything to do with winter. Yes, I did downhill ski, yes, cross country too … curled and now the only curling I am interested in takes place with a blanket and a good book. “They” say we can expect temperatures to dip below -30C taking into consideration wind chill. I AM such a cry baby when it comes to cold weather.

It is a real challenge to get myself to the gym in the morning. Often it is best that I not listen to the news or radio until I am sitting in the car pointed in the correct direction. However, I must say, it makes me indulge myself once I am there as I am in no hurry to leave and re-enter the cold. All I can say is thank heavens for “plus fifteens”, as at least part of my walk to the car is in the shelter of such contrivances.



Tuesday will see something like my 47th donation to Canadian Blood Services. There has been no further “difficulty” as there was with the second attempt – mind you, I have also switched back to my left arm as the donation site. As the day for donation approaches I find myself more conscience of my diet as I would sure hate to go through the whole rigmarole only to have the plasma discarded because of visible fat. Somewhere I read where people actually SELL their plasma – yipes, that would make me uncomfortable. Not the selling so much as the buying as I would be wondering about one’s motivation for selling. Hhhmmm – morbid thought. Somehow, don’t ask me why, it seems so much “cleaner” to donate the stuff and walk away.




Power went out to day for about an hour and it was getting quite chilly in the house. Only one of the cats was intelligent enough to cuddle – the one with the shorter fur and more cunning personality. Power failures are a bit of a rarity here, especially those lasting longer than 15 minutes. When it is 20 below zero it doesn’t take long for coolness to seep in - almost driven to the inefficient fireplace.

That’s it for today, must practice “Oh Little Town of Bethlehem” in the key of G. Perhaps I have reached my capacity as a pianist?



2 Comments:

  • Oh you crack me up! You HATE the cold and live in Canada?!

    By Blogger Unknown, at November 25, 2006 4:42 PM  

  • -30 degrees celsius hmmm. The forecast for Houston tomorrow is 24 degrees celsius. That would be above 0 degrees dahling. Wouldn't this be a good time to come visit your niece?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 26, 2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page