reluctantriter

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things That Give Us Pause

Things That Give Us Pause

Last evening I went to what is termed “Prayers” for someone who has passed on. Passed on after, not a full measure of life, but certainly a generous portion thereof. It made me wonder about how I would handle it, not just for myself but for close friends. My suspicion is, I would not do well at this at all BUT, I was reminded by a friend, that as these things unfold, we are given what we need. During these times, I sure miss “my old mother” – as a refer to her to others when I feel the need to quote her. She has certainly become wiser the longer I live.

My big sister tells me, her daughter, “my-niece-the-librarian” was robbed at the Houston airport. Scurrilous thieves took advantage of her inattention and made off with her wallet. Fortunately for her there was little within same – the perials and benefits of being a spend thrift I suppose, but the INDIGNITY and VIOLATION of it all. It is both maddening and FRIGHTENING for me as I worry about this naïve (my thoughts as I believe she has been loved to the point of near incapacity - she doesn’t believe this but for sure, she has not gone to the school of hard knocks and street-reality as her mom and auntie have) and sooooo trusting young woman. This is a gal who, seriously, if the “perps” came up to her with a sad story would have gladly parted with money she could ill afford. The whole incident causes me worry and I have to turn that over as “it is what it is”.

Yesterday I was back to the gym and my lack of conditioning really showed. Today, as I have to be downtown later in the day, I’ve delayed my appearance as the sweat-mill to the afternoon. The last time I did this I thought I was going to need to be carried home as it is so much harder to exercise later in the day. Gotta bite the bullet as I AM trying to work on priorities. The kitties are helping, in so much as one is snoozing on her chair (how’d it get to be HER chair?) and the other is warming her tummy by exposing it to the hot air register – that is, unless she has usurped MY chair in my absence to dash this note off!

Cheers and Vaya con el dios

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page