reluctantriter

Friday, November 10, 2006

Watch ’er Newt, She’s Headed For The Barn

Snow tires installed. Able to climb steep hills with a single try. Stops on a “twooney” (not a chance “on a dime”), faster than a speeding …. Oh, that’s right, I gave up speeding.

Back to the “silly season” for me, especially after last night, driving on Glenmore trail, with the car feeling like the wheels were in the middle of a bacon fat sandwich, you know the stuff that is left in the cooled pan after bacon has been fried. Given the short wheel base of the thing, each of the rear wheels argued with the front set: “Me first”, “No me!”… then in chorus… “You guys always get to go first, we want a go at it!”. What a car on ice/snow. It was more squirrelly than an oak tree in summer! (Yeah, I know I am taking a chance on that, give we westerners have no real “oak” trees and sometimes it seems, not much of a summer). All is resolved and I am back to being fearless – well, OK, less fearful.

The only ridiculous thing is the ditz that did the changing, put my summer tires in plastic bags, with a couple of them on the front seat-now the seat is wet and I’m hoping not stained. It could become mute testimony to my driving, from the passenger seat point of view. “They”, the mythical “they”, forgot to put the hubcaps on – the hubcaps themselves are really ridiculous, a little triangle of black plastic to cover the center hub, but still ….

Aside from that piece of excitement, the day is turning out to be a chore day around the place. Cats are happy with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page