reluctantriter

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Busy Bodies ...






Today we painted the compass rose at Dillingham Airfield (PHDH). There was a bit of a breeze which played havoc with the fresh paint, grass clippings and fine gravel but all in all the effort was not wasted. The rose had not been painted for some twenty years so it was long over due. All morning we painted while the bird dog aircraft towed the gliders aloft, a few ultra lights joined the pattern and the twin took off to discharge their load of jumpers. After lunch one of the gals who owns a Beech Musketeer took me for a quick ride to Waimea Bay. We saw the results of a large whale breaching but it dove down and would not show itself when we flew over. Note on our approach and landing, the newly, almost completely painted compass rose.

My legs will be stiff from bending over and I’ve a bit of a burn but it was a lot of fun and I can say, with assurance, I’ve left my “mark” here!



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page