reluctantriter

Thursday, February 08, 2007

... And the Winner Is ????


Humph! .... since no one will venture a guess I tried to attach an enlarged photo. Well it seems the only way to make it bigger is to put a cursor on it and click it a few times. Anyway, maybe it is because I've gazed at it so often that it looks so easy to identify.

In any case the identifiers I was looking for were PHNL and PHJR. The latter, Kalaeloa Airport is no doubt less well known as it is used by commuters and GA. This is where most "touch and go" practice takes place, sometimes daunting as there are huge fuel reservoirs on one approach and sometimes flaring of, I presume, gas. There is always a cross wind around here and I can recall lamenting that fact to a professional pilot - I was reminded of the necessity of running the runways to take up the least amount of space.

To you Nanook, yes, definitely far, far away from you and the kind of weather that you folk are experiencing. What can I say? I'm a wimp when it comes to cold and opportunity to escape if fully exploited by me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page