reluctantriter

Friday, January 26, 2007

Strike Up the "Band"

There are Bands


.....

and there are bands



There are bands and then there are bands. The last couple of weeks I’ve been plagued by an IT band issue.The difficulty being that as the IT tightens, it pulls the knee cap out of its happy little groove thereby upsetting the cartelage and the whole thing is a pain in the …. knee. The physio has me in shape and the trainer has given me some stretches so I am back at the gym.

It is quite amazing how de-motivating an injury can be as evidenced by lack luster attendance and performance and already my jeans are tight around the middle. sssshhhheeee no rest for the wicked and the righteous don’t need it.

The cats continue to run the house as to their liking, both fat and sassy … well neither is fat but they are both sassy. They need a nail trim and that is almost on my “To Do” list although I must admit, finding myself another “hair cutter” is more of a priority. It is not easy to find someone to cut my hair the way I like it – more accurately, the way MY HAIR likes to be cut. When I find someone competent I usually stick with them. When I started with my latest person she swore she had no plans to marry or retire – the fate that seemed to befall my other shearers. Guess what? She is retiring and I’m looking very, very scruffy. Most cutters want to dispense with my side cow-lick and trim away my natural duck tail. Bad mistakes as I end up looking like I need a trim three days after the cut. I need someone who respects the naturalness of a little curl and a lot of individuality. Sigh … I’ll keep looking but I think my reputation is beginning to suffer both because I’m looking scruffy and because I am spending an in ordinate amount of time staring at other women and scrutinizing their coiffeurs!

Now, on to the weekend … may, I just may go see “The Last King of Scotland” with a friend of mine who happens to be a lady of colour.

3 Comments:

  • sorry to hear about your knee problems. I have been suffering from a pulled muscle in my shoulder - but I have not torn my rotator cuff, so I am happy about that. Exercise is good for the feel of the jeans and the psyche of the mind, so I am glad that you are back at it.

    By Blogger CanaGal, at January 27, 2007 9:30 AM  

  • "Last King of Scotland" is that a movie or a play or other? Hope your knees are feeling better soon.

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at January 28, 2007 12:33 AM  

  • Movie - didn't make it this weekend and it may be gone by the time I get around to it now ... story of my life! Oh well, it will come out on video

    By Blogger pingcat, at January 28, 2007 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page