reluctantriter

Friday, December 29, 2006

Exercising

Things I liked about exercising:
- I LOVE my ipod
- I enjoy the quiet when few people are there
- The shower after a hard workout is a joy to behold – my shower at home may be “prettier” but there is no show quite so enjoyable as one after a strenuous workout
- I enjoy fresh towels – which actually cover me, unlike the ones they had originally, no doubt designed for the severely anorexic or exhibitionist
- I enjoy putting lotion on my calves, firm to the touch – lotion being a practice which I skipped until I found myself scratching, itching, flaking and leaving claw marks that my kitties would envy
- In particular I enjoy the svelt feeling that I have, at least for awhile, even though it is faux and disappears when I see myself in a full length mirror

When I walked in to the exercise club today it seemed like I was the only one interested in exercising. The quiet of the change room was very pleasant. When I walked to the cardio area, the usual blare of two televisions within ten foot of each other was missing-pleasantly so. There was only one other fellow in the cardio room, on a bike; he seemed intent on his workout and basically ignored me. Later I discovered he was listening to his ipod. We toiled away in our own separate worlds to be joined by another fellow who seemed to know Mr. bike. The new guy was quite intent on locating the remote to “flip the TV on”. He did not ask he simply turned it on and LOUD, too. In response I cranked up my own ipod and I presume Mr. ipod did as well, as it was then, as he fiddled with the dial, that I became aware that he was using one. Mr. ipod/bike wrapped up in a few minutes leaving “I-must-have-TV” (IMHTV) and me slogging away. He too completed his routine before I finished, blithely sprayed his cross-trainer and sauntered away with the TV going full tilt. I called out to him saying: “Excuse me, would you mind turning the TV off?” and he was most accommodating regarding this request and seemed somewhat surprised.

Now tell me …. “he” walks in to a room, the TV is OFF, two people are working away without the TV, “he” turns it on …. why oh why would he not at least turn the DAMN thing off when he was finished? What kind of


is he?

That gentle-folk, is the only thing I did not like about exercising today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page