reluctantriter

Saturday, December 16, 2006

*Tales From the Mild to Moderately Oppressed, North American Style

*Apologies to those who are truly oppressed in N.A., elsewhere and in the 3rd World.

So here I sit after the week that was and wondering how can a person, dedicated I might say, to living “A Day At A Time” be steam rolled by several days attacking all at once? On the other hand, I'm not quite in the same predicament as these guys!

So ... a few of things on my plate that are "amusing" me today… What ever did we do before "BEST BEFORE DATE" (BBF)? This morning I discovered I had forgotten to buy bread for toast so I decided to have one of those instant breakfast thingies that I had bought with coupons "a while ago". Slurped it down with my coffee as I read the paper and happened to glance at the container just before tossing it to read the Best Before date as some some in 2004! I DID say I had purchased them "a while ago". Good heavens I can expect to expire any second??? I think not. The interesting thing about BBF's is that initially I think they were developed to prevent unscrupulous grocers, etc from selling poor quality, stale and perhaps spoiled goods. What I think has happened is that we are now experiencing the tyranny of BBF. If we see an expired date we chuck the goods and I suspect some perfectly good stuff ends up in the trash.

On a more personal note ... where, in this house, presumable, did I put the great pix I had of Canadian's 747??? It was given to me by an aviation buddy whose husband was very involved in photography. Anywhoo it is Christmas time and people are asking "What do you want for Christmas/Birthday?" (dates are close together). Hhhmmm what I would have liked is to have THAT photo of the 747 framed so I could put it over my desk. No need for, since I have no "clue in a carload" as to where the photo is so it would be pretty tough to frame the darned thing. From time to time I've looked around for it but sometimes locating stuff in my filing system resembles an archeological dig

The other teeny-tiny oppressive event: Here I am, planning a laid back sort of Saturday; I'm cruising around in my night shirt cum oversized tee when I hear a knock at my neighbour's door. Being curious, (read down right nosey at times) I peered out my little door peep hole to espy two very neatly dressed young men ... only one explanation for that! Being slow of motion in the morning, they move to my door and ring the bell and knock on the door. I'm trapped as I am still staring at them through the peep hole. Eventually they wander away, no doubt to save more available souls, but seriously.... what makes ANYONE think I would be interested in entertaining matters of such importance on a Saturday morning while dressed in my night shirt? Get a Grip Guys!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page