reluctantriter

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Seemless



There is no doubt that I am far, far more creative in the morning than at night. It seems by the end of the work day I am at MY end, too. In fact, as I write this there is a shadow of guilt in that I am not attending my usual WIA meeting - a first for me in that I have set all other things to the side to insure that I put in an appearance there. Not so this evening. Tomorrow I promised a potluck dish and no time to make it except tonight. As well I need to square away the house of papers and so on, period!

One of the things that I have wondered about in the morning is the nature of "time"; my curiosity about time sort of runs in the background. At one point I wondered if time was discreet, by that I mean like the seconds ticking away. "Second" was a real thing with beginning and an ending. Lately I moved away from that mostly because I could not figure out what was between the discreet seconds. For my purposes I now consider time as having an analogue quality. Time is simply continuous and seamless.



The way I treat time is, I think, sort of interesting. When I awake in the morning I note the time and order my day. Never again to I look at the clock nor do I ever hurry. It is what it is. This has added a lot to my serenity. For instance, if I were to look at a clock and discrern that I was going to be late for work I might be tempted to rush to get there … to what end? Nope, I just keep doing what I have to do, one foot in front of the other and doing the things that I need to do in order to get there. It really is much more pleasant than the panic of driving fast or hurrying tasks. I DO drive fast but it is only because I like to drive fast.

Yep, I sort of like the idea of seamless and unhurried. There is really not much a person can do about time. Perhaps we humans are the only creatures that are preoccupied with it, other creatures responding more to the urgency of tasks rather than time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page