reluctantriter

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Rain



Rain

For most of the day the cloud has hugged the face of the mountain range, filling the valley, like a veil. This morning the rain was torrential, the day, mostly grey but warm. Into the evening the wind, I presume Trades, picked up providing a bit of a chill to the air. There is a promise of rain for later this evening but at the same time, pieces of pale blue sky peek through in patches here and there.

My most “favouritist” breakfast is no more at Mariposa! No more strawberry waffles with maple syrup and whipped cream – preceded by what they call “popovers” (really Yorkshire pudding) and clear chicken bullion. I don’t make the rules, I just gobble the goodies. The only breakfast meal being offered on the menu was Eggs Benedict – not one of my favourites at the best of times but for sure I wasn’t going to pay $14.00 for a hamburger or $23.00 for an open faced steak sandwich. There were many fish based dishes on the menu but I was ever mindful that we were having fish for supper and I didn’t want to ruin that. The fish for supper is a secrete family recipe and I wanted to enjoy its sole succulence!

The day has wound down, dishes done, Sunday paper read and it is just about time for me to continue reading: “Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures”. My bones are most grateful for the munificent warmth of these climes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page