reluctantriter

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Not So ....



We have managed two trips to “The Point”, one clearly under duress as we left it for the afternoon. The upside to an afternoon time is that the equipment is much more available, the downside is that it is really, really tough to drag one’s butt over there in the heat of the day when there are soooo many other things that distract.

Each time I visit Hawaii I am reminded that I need to not only adjust my watch for four time zones but also my expectations that chores/tasks/events will be accomplished in anything resembling main land time. Figure on four times as long for anything and rejoice if it is less. Even this entry for the blog … I started it and then decided I wanted a snack so had some lanai time with crackers.

We walked past the “not-so-spooky-centre” Asia-Pacifac Center For Security Studies – funny thing, when I described it as such the last time I was here I got a note from one of the folk responsible for, I suppose, image, noting it was not spooky and in fact had provided training for Canucks and all …. we all know how “unspooky” Canucks are!

Later today, if the stars align themselves I might take in the Sony Expo happening at one of the local hotels just to view the gadgets and gizmos, I mean, I must preserve my nom de plum of “Gadget Girl”. On the other hand …. There is a new Safeway opening up on Kapahulu!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page