reluctantriter

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bundle Up ...



This is arrival …. It will look quite different for me in a few days and I’m kind of glad that, as a rule, I leave at night when HNL seems like just another airport as the plane plunges into the darkness with nose pointed north.

Wow, can’t believe it is almost time to jump on the plane and go home for a bit. It has been a busy, busy time of late. I am the proud owner of a new Garmin Nuvi 350 (yes I have another Garmin but it’s for aviation and not much use on the ground – at least not for me!). I am truly “Gadget Girl”. Of course I am wanting to try it out but this is Hawaii … just how lost can you get on an island this size. However, I am impressed that I was able to quickly zero in on Verbano’s one of my favorite Italian restaurants here on the Island.

Church today and there is no pleasing me. Initially I was cranky because the speaker was difficult to understand … then I was cranky because I could understand him perfectly well and was largely unimpressed with his message. Very, very traditional, fire and brimstone, God’s gonna getcha kind of guy – not exactly the kind of message that leaves one filled with joy/awe/wonder/sense of promise, etc, etc. nuff said beyond the irony that I wasn’t satisfied either way.

Stay tuned …. maybe this writing will be a habit …

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page