reluctantriter

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Warm Winds Blowin'



Well there is no longer any excuse for not writing. Of late I’ve had ample opportunity to rest so I’m “up and atter” so to speak.

There has been so much and yet at the same time, so little happen since my last entry and promise of performance. Who knew that being a “Parts Princess” or “Materials Maven” (when I play the age card), would be so demanding. (Did I mention we survived a T-C audit?) Well it was either that or doing the other job part time. In any case it has been a few months of one foot in front of the other, no time, no desire to write or to give permanency to any particular thought. Admittedly, my vast array of fans has not registered so much as a whimper as to my where about.

My time on the Board of the Calgary Flying Club is drawing to a close and probably I am one term over what I should be. The last term has seen some changes and to my ancient way of looking at things from fleet to frivolity. Those with more enthusiasm are welcome to the privilege of service.

My time on my local Condo Board is also drawing to an end and NOT SOON ENOUGH! We’ve managed to have ….ummm… maybe one official meeting, what with all of us having busy schedules and to be honest, a lack of interest. In fact none of us really wanted to serve and it shows.

Cats are fat and happy. Well, one of them is fatter than the other as Precious waits for Spook to abandon her “breaky” in mid-chomp and then Precious dives in to lick the platter clean. Sometimes I will pick up Spook’s plate to insure she get more than just a lick. She, Spook that is, seems to think she is some kind of aristocracy and must nibble daintily at the gravy of the gruel with a break before full fledged attack mode. Precious experiences no such delusions of grandeur, throwing herself full bore into the tinned food.

Funny, funny thing is happening at home at the moment. Someone else is staying on the old frontier while I enjoy some heat and humidity. The gal cat sitting in between flying assignments is unknown to me except through association. I’m away, she needed a place to stay and there ya go! It will be nice to make her acquaintance although her willingness to entertain kitties during what little time she has off speaks volumes of her character.

Well folks, that’s it for the first installment from the land of Aloha and pernicious decay.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Pingcat! Just for the record I check your blog all the time to see if you have written anything new!! I'm so happy to see that you have written again!

    Have I been replaced!!!! A new cat sitter!! I can hardly blame you- I'm not the most reliable of kitty sitters anymore with a -schedule that is a bit of a non-schedule!

    I still wish to come and visit you one of these days. Are you at the international or CYBW??

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at November 11, 2007 8:10 PM  

  • Well, well, well Captain quodlibet ... I thought I had lost you to facebook! How nice that you keep tabs. Yes, still at CYBW and Brad says you should bring ginger snaps when you come to visit

    By Blogger pingcat, at November 11, 2007 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page