reluctantriter

Monday, October 09, 2006

Turkey

Turkey?

You bet:




Although today is actually Thanksgiving, my family celebrated yesterday, as is our tradition on long weekends to ensure we have a day to “recuperate”. Our table was expanded by one, a fellow who is in the aviation industry who prefers to tell people that he is in “transportation” and if they press, tells them that he transports aluminum – the aluminum of course, is an Air Bus, so I guess I will be referring to him as “the-fellow-who-transports-aluminum”. In some ways I find it more than a little disturbing that in my blog I tend to identify and perhaps “define” people by their roles and occupations. My rationalization is that it is all about anonymity and their needing to have a choice about whether or not their identity or near-identify is made public.

Today I am fueled by “Turkey Power”, having made several trips up and down the four flights of stairs doing laundry and otherwise enforcing order on chaos like some kind of domestic goddess. The computer of yesterday’s tale has been assembled and slowly, slowly piles of filing are emerging. Mind you, the old task of needing to weed through the filing cabinet drawers and toss all that I am not legally bound to keep remains. It is a “Catch – 22” in that in order to file the piles (poetic, yes?), I really should thin out the drawers as they are difficult to close now, never mind if additional stuff is stuffed in. On the other hand … weeding out ….yeeecccchhhh!

My treat by the way is to come down to the office, throw laundry in the machines and type a bit in my blog. I swear, this is not AADD …. Or is it???

6 Comments:

  • So that's what a cooked turkey is supposed to look like - now I remember!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    You said, "...catch 22..." I'm reading that right now. I've wanted to read it for ages.

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at October 09, 2006 5:37 PM  

  • YUM! So now do you do the cranberry sauce and potatoes and the whole shebang like down here or not?

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 10, 2006 8:52 AM  

  • Yes, traditionally, for my famil, cranberry sauce, yellow turnip, mashed potatoes, salads. My brother-in-law-fixer-of-all-things, did not take well to turnip initially, considering it "pig food". Hmmmm good enough for the "other" little piggies, good enough for me!

    By Blogger pingcat, at October 10, 2006 12:55 PM  

  • hmmm.
    I'll have to google the yellow turnip business.... but I know the rest. And oh la la pumpkin pie! With splenda of course!

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 14, 2006 5:44 PM  

  • The turkey looks terrifically yummy!

    Can I come by next Thanksgiving? ;P

    I know why your friend does that. Sometimes, I do that, too. Don't want to be categorised as such and such. It's hard to avoid it though, cos sometimes I find myself asking people what it is they do. So, will try to remember not to do that.

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at October 15, 2006 12:06 PM  

  • Sniff, sniff, If I try hard enough I can almost smell the turkey. I think it is cruel of you to torture those of us who have more than a month to wait for US Thanksgiving. However, I will allow you to make it up to me by making your infamous garlic mashed potatoes at Christmas.

    By Blogger paksenn, at October 16, 2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page