reluctantriter

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

No Rabbit Holes

No, I’ve not followed Alice down the rabbit hole but it seems like it at times. I’ve succumbed to joining a health club and I really wanted to post the link to it but no luck. In fact, the difficulty with links has been the main stumbling block to my postings. Somehow, I’ve lost my touch and when I try to do so, it just doesn’t work so I shall be linkless for awhile – until I figure out what I am doing wrong – or alternately, what I was doing right.

Back to the health club, whose links will remain unknown, perhaps forever. My exercise buddy signed up there a few weeks ago and it seemed I was getting nowhere fast without some kind of outside accountablility and really, my walks had turned into strolls as I became more amused and interested with what folk in my district were doing with homes and property than in maintaining a brisk, fat burning, pace.

As my buddy pointed out this morning, the trainer looks like a "sweet young thing" and speaks softly but there is a slave driver in her soul. We have developed a three programs of aerobics and weights to cover every occasion and today, Wednesday, was my first run at it and I wish to report the first time in a long time that I broke a sweat.

The Corn Roast for the Club is over and a funny thing happened on the way to the festivities. The "Lead Hand", who I see as more of a co-ordinator than a "doer" took into his head that he needed to take responsibility for everything ... well that's not quite right as there was no dublicate liquor license and a few other things. Anyway, long story short, poor communication on my part I suppose, as we had duplicate food items - all of which is bought out of pocket with the expectation of compensation. As one fellow mentioned, looks like we have a pretty darned good excuse to have a "Spring Fling Thing" given the material in the freezer! The local street kitchen did well with our potato salad and left over corn.


It is very rainy today, a good thing I spent a year in Oregon where locals don't tan, they rust. Good practice for today. Anywhoo, guess I had better move along and try to accomplish something and earn a bit of coin.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page