reluctantriter

Monday, September 04, 2006

Thigs I've Found on My Walk

Since I seem too lazy or too disorganized, I’m not sure which, to take the camera I thought I would take a picture of stuff I have found on my walk.
Yeah, OK, this is Canada, so, NO, I did not find the peach on my walk. Instead, my walk took me to a seasonal fruit stand that I had noticed on my travels about a mile from home. The thing cost a buck fifty. All the way home I cradled the peach in my palm like a “shot” from my old days of being a very uncompetitive “shot putter”. It is a wonder that the fuzz was not worn off it, such a warm day it is today. In fact, if we had lots of these warm days we might be able to grow peaches.

The smaller orb is NOT Pluto in reference to the sun. It is a “steelie”. When I was a kid we use to prize “steelies” in our marble/alley collections – mind you, the ones we really liked were about an inch in circumference. To such an extent were they prized that from time to time I would go into my dad’s garage an to his chagrin, release said “steelies”, which are really ball bearings, from their race.


The middle item is a die. It is not an ordinary die as the numbers seem to be based on an “8” system with sides doubling, tripling or other-wise multiplying the value “8”. Probably “my-niece-the-librarian-and-NEW-temporary-department-head” might be able to educate me further.

In my handwritten journal, I came across a page heading suggesting that one ought to note, on a daily basis, five things for which to be grateful – EVERY day. So as not to belabour the point, on my walk today, I was grateful that I could walk – unlike “coffee” – who will always remain “coffee” to me, even in her attempts to evade and avoid some odd person who seemed to be extolling her own brand of guilt inducing and sin-based Catholicism.

My only political comment of the day …. more Canadians killed by friendly fire … what’s up with that??? Now, I AM from a military family and know full well that guns don’t kill people, people kill people but still … such a sad, sad thing for all involved.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page