reluctantriter

Friday, September 01, 2006

And Also

No doubt there is some kind of capricious God-like creature that controls all that is “blog”. Yesterday I tried to mention that I had become part of the plasma program .

Not really a big deal except that I can donate much more frequently than with whole blood, like, every week – I’m not sure I would do it that frequently but every couple of weeks, it is manageable. Unlike whole blood, where they siphon off a pint/liter of “the good stuff”, in plasma phoresis they attach you to a machine that runs the blood out of the body into the “magic machine”, whilst extracting the serum and return the red blood cells to the donor.

It was pretty comfortable, and NO, that is NOT ME in the picture; it was a lot less difficult than donating whole blood.
With whole blood, since I am not a big person, a pint is a pint and sometimes I’m just a little peaked after it is over. No problem with recovery, it is quick but with the plasma deally, don’t feel a thing.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page