reluctantriter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thoughts de Jour


Thoughts de Jour

Back from my walk and no, no pictures again. My friend has a small digital camera and I think I might ask her if I can borrow it that may encourage me.

At the moment I am icing my heel and cursing the “ravages of old age” (and my capacity for using trite expressions). The little green SMART bolted out of its usual avenue a couple of block in advance of my arrival so I am no closer to identifying to whom it might belong – beyond my noting that she seemed like a pleasant “older” lady.

“Older” yeah and younger, certainly missing my youth these days and not happy where I am …. well, I am HAPPY in so far as the alternative is not so great, but I must say, as I was following a little old guy wearing support stockings. I was reminded that after my walk I will be going home to ice a cranky foot. It seems to be the same problem as a friend of mine had (older friend, I might add). All around me I am exposed to what will be and to some degree, what once was. My sister, of whom I am very fond, has been plagued with arthritis pain in her hands and joints, last winter suffering a real nasty bout where her knee was red, swollen and it pained me to look at it. There is some part of me that notes that I will be headed in that direction too, especially since I already have some intense pain, if, when shaking hands, someone squeezes too hard.
Gee whiz, where did my youth go? I find myself wanting to be “back there”, not for the lack of information and innocence but simply for the heath, vigour and resilience. For sure I’m not looking forward to the Jobst and walker. On the other hand, for sure, an error of my youth was to spend time wishing I were somewhere or someone else doing something else – that was a tragic waste and I do not want to repeat it NOW so I need to learn to make the ferocious best of the moment, fully present in the NOW so that when it does come time for the ol’ stocking and walker, …. well I won’t regret what I did with this time of my life

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page