reluctantriter

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hunt For the Elusive …

This edition of the morning blog could have had a number of titles, including “Picture This …”, “What I Leaned on MY Walk Today” or “The Stories I Make Up”. I’m doing “The Elusive…”

So off I go on my morning walk, noting that it really is getting to be autumn here. Plants confined in pots have lost their lushness and their straggly appearance makes them seem like they are reaching for the last bits of warm sun.

You regular readers know that I need a “purpose”/”destination”/”goal” for my walks … well, maybe not all of those things listed but it helps. Today I decided to try to find where or from whence the elusive SMART parks itself, the one that passes me occasionally, the one I waved to yesterday. For a fact I know that it always enters the street from a particular avenue so off I go to trudge up the hill of this avenue. Wouldn’t you know it, a couple of blocks into my hike up the hill and my ears picked up the familiar sound of a small, cold diesel engine. I turned to look behind me and there receding in the distance was:



Oh well, I was committed to the walk so continued, mapping in my head the new route since I was no longer on the hunt. It occurred to me, one of the things I could do to encourage the walk would be to take “a picture de jour”. For instance, I say a Gas Utility truck deposit a sign at an alley entrance, just to the side. It said “NO THROUGH TRAFFIC”. The alley was down hill, offering a clear vista to the adjoining, busy avenue. I tell you folks, nothing, absolutely NOTHING was blocking the through-way. Perhaps a bit of a sense of humour on the part of the Gas Utility folk? Future plans/hopes/dreams? Another bit of interesting visage was a tree stump, very weathered, sort of off in the corner of someone’s yard – probably had to be there to appreciate that but I tell you, it WAS photogenic.

Now, rather or not I embark on the “de jour” business is debatable. While my camera is a digital model, if it were a vehicle it would be a tractor trailer, one of those 18 wheelers with a pup. It is, as is often the case with these things, heavy but takes good pictures. Who knows, maybe I will, and maybe I won’t! Stay tuned, work calls and I respond.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page