reluctantriter

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Conspiracy Theories on a Personal Scale

So yesterday I was pawing through my closet, yet again, looking for a shirt dress that I knew I had but had not been able to locate for a couple of months. What? No way am I going to believe that it has been hanging EXACTLY in the middle of a line of dresses all this time. I’m pretty sure the cats were using it for something and surreptitiously replaced it and being cats, did not think to hang it in some obscure place where I had not looked so carefully. I mean give me a break! In the middle, right under my nose???

This morning I was searching through my utensil drawer – does everyone have one of these sort of “catch-all” drawers for large spoons, flat graters, egg-slicers, peelers, etc.? Anyway, I was looking for a Tablespoon measure as I was going to try my fancy shmancy new laundry soap, Nellie’s purchased recently at the Stampede and I discoved my orange scissors which had been missing since the last time I had my big sister and her hubby over to dinner months ago. She assured me, when I called her a few days after the dinner, that she had replaced the scissors in the drawer, saying “For Heaven’s sake, I know where your stuff belongs, I cat sit for weeks, remember?”. Yes well that is all good EXCEPT the scissors mysteriously reappeared today. My suspicion is, the cats were running around in my dress with pointy scissors and they ARE NOT to do that, especially the running with scissors.

Further to my conspiracy theory, I’ve decided, as per Coffie's book suggestion that page 123 of EVERY book for the next few days has a hidden message, here is my latest:

“We are limited, but we can push back the borders of our limitations. An understanding of the principle of our own growth enables us to search out correct principles with the confidence that the more we learn, the more clearly we can focus the lens through which we see the world. The principles don’t change; our understanding of them does”

From: “the 7 Habits of HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE” – Stephen R. Covey

This means I am again trying to read the darn thing yet AGAIN – something like a “Purpose Driven Life”(PDL), which I would like to point out I did finish.


How did Coffie know that page 123 would have THAT useful message? Hmmmm as PDL would say: “Point To Ponder”.

Further evidence of the cat conspiracy? Both cats took off in a panic when I tossed the special drying balls purchased along with my soap, into the dryer. THEY know they have been busted and are now under surveillance for further suspicious behaviour.

3 Comments:

  • I am a huge fan of Covey's '7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. One of my favorite books ever.

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at August 09, 2006 9:14 PM  

  • Ok, I did the tag thingy!
    Hey coffee!!! email me sometime!

    By Blogger CanaGal, at August 10, 2006 7:15 PM  

  • My mum is convinced that some impish spirit move about our things to drive us nuts. Haha!

    As for page 123: the book on the shelf was my school textbook (yikes). It's something about, emotional distress experienced by pregnant mums. Er, I don't think it makes interesting fodder!

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at August 11, 2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page