reluctantriter

Monday, July 09, 2007

Stampeding … the flying club had their breakfast and I am always impressed when this visitor arrives. The folks at Sunwest Aviation drop by and it is eye candy for some of us. My big sister and I went to the grounds on Sunday and I think I managed to out eat her … maybe not but I know when I went to the gym I had a higher number showing on the scale than previously … yeah …. Water retention, that’s it, it was water retention and had nothing to do with the candy floss, beef sundae or other indulgences.

We spent quite a bit of time at the Stock Dog trials, and no, the dogs were not being taken to court but WERE being timed with respect to their ability and the ability of their handler, to pen sheep. Sheep, like kids to day, (she says sanguinely) were openly defiant at times and refused to be directed. Actually I had never seen this level of foot stomping demonstrated by sheep and I suspect they were well aware that the dogs would be disqualified for nipping or gripping them, although there sure deserved it at times. It was all quite absorbing and fun. The barns had tons of horses, mostly the “gentle giants” like Belgium Percherons and Clydesdales.

The rest of my week will be taken up by the CBAA and with luck I will have some pretty sexy pictures of some gorgeous planes. The Dassault VII IS coming and that is pretty darned exciting. This year I am managing Ground Transportation and I have a “mike” and three Vans under my observation (certainly NOT control) and I’ve got the buses to worry about, although the details for their functioning has been set by the time the convention commenced. It is all good and a learning experience – stuff useful for preparing the CWIA Conference in 2009 … and I keep asking people to help …. yep, nothing shy about me in the “asking” department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page