reluctantriter

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Just An Ordinary Day


Both pussy cats went in for a nail trim today; always traumatic for them and thence for me, but only because they make it so. Neither of them volunteer to leap into the carrier saying me first, me first! Spook I trapped by turning on the TV and sitting in the petting chair and she jumped up to lie on the towel to be petted. Once she became aware that it was a trap the nails came out and there was much howling and carrying on, remember, the operative words here are “nail trim” so she had quite a good grasp of my shirt. She doesn’t claw flesh, she just hangs on to that in which she can embed her nails.

Precious of course was tipped off by the goings on and headed for the hills, or in this case, the deep recesses of the basement. My strategy worked in that I hustled Spook out to the car to serenade my neighbours and have them again think of me as an animal abuser and then tempted Precious with treats. The treats were the attraction but not quite enough to get her upstairs. While not going into details I will share that indeed she too was trapped, stashed and trimmed.

All is now forgiven as I went out for a couple of hours and having just returned both cats are in the computer room, each doing her “socks and underwear” like a couple of bookends.

With working throughout the week and supplementing my meager income with my “real” job whenever I can, there is not a lot of time for chores. Yeah, no doubt everyone is saying “boo hoo”; this is how real people live all the time. It is now Saturday afternoon and I’ve no idea where the time has gone although I do know I did a lot of chores and running around.

Now, nap time. If ya can’t soar with the eagles or run with the wolves, you can always nap with the cats!

WHAT THE CATS WOULD LIKE TO DO TO THE VET CLINIC - IF THEY COULD STAND THE CAR RIDE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page