reluctantriter

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Kicking and Screaming ....

An interesting day to say the least. Most of my day was spent in a seminar for pilots who have not flown as PIC for a bit. The seminar is often referred to as a “Rust Remover” or “Rusty Wings”. While I could recall some of the material, other pieces of information were not so familiar.

After the class the rest of the day at the Club was spent at a Board meeting where I helped the Club spend a gazzion dollars and the Club helped me move in to the 21st century – kicking and screaming but still moving forward. We are going to purchase a couple of Katana’s for our training fleet. At one point I recall remarking, rather passionately, “Hell would freeze over before I flew one of those”. Yes well … guess I’m eating some crow – not unusual for me as I DO have the good graces to accept sound arguments. Frankly, my heart belongs to Cessna but practically the Diamond products, manufactured in Canada, are waaaaayyyy cheaper to run. Ugly little buggers, though. Oh well, I suppose it is about time I moved from the 20th to the 21st.

5 Comments:

  • I wouldn't step foot in one of those things again. The club should investigate carefully before they waste their money. I spoke to a senior staff member at Moncton flight college the other day when I was home and they are having huge problems with those planes and they are new and under warranty. These problems include a variety of engine failures which are unexplained. I strongly urge the club to reconsider.

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at May 13, 2007 5:45 PM  

  • YIPES

    By Blogger pingcat, at May 13, 2007 8:22 PM  

  • Looking for something bigger? I know where you can get a good deal on a couple of DHC8-200s. Might want to remove the "meatball" on the tail though :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 13, 2007 11:14 PM  

  • It will be interesting to see what happens. I'm not sold on them, neither are others that I have spoken with. Cessna's and Piper's have been around a good deal longer and will continue to be here in 20 years. . . hmmm, I wonder why? I'm glad that you put up a fight.

    By Blogger Thenes, at May 15, 2007 10:32 AM  

  • my what W I D E wings you have! LOL

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 19, 2007 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page