reluctantriter

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where Else .... ?




There was a little debate as I started to write this entry … should I call it “Finally, At Last…” meaning, I’ve been so busy and caught up with stuff it has been difficult to find time to make a blog entry. Or, should I call it “Where Else? … as in where else could I work where I could cast my eye on a Widgeon, an LJ and a Gull Wing Stinson all in one day, never mind, one week!

Ahhhh the siren call of aviation! I’ve been given the opportunity to work in the field and fortunately for me, I am still able to maintain a bit of my old business – which means I lot to me I have and do enjoy it. For the fancy-schmancy types, I could be considered the “Material Management” end of the industry. However as a pithy friend of mine termed it, I’m sure in an effort to insure that I not develop too much of a swelled head – I now work with bits and pieces of planes.

Much of my time is spent trying to find bits and pieces at a reasonable price. Reasonable price and aviation in the same sentence … yeah, right! Today I touched on a bit of log book work as anything repaired on a plane has to be duly noted and so on. My education promises to be well rounded and so far I’m finding it positively fascinating and enjoyable. In the past, I’ve told people that my “ideal” job would be looking out a window at planes flying and stationary. In fact, all I have to do is look up from my desk and my eye falls on an array. When the hangar doors are open I have a perfect view of RW 25-07 at YBW. Next door is a helicopter company.

The girls are less than impressed with my frequent absence and I am less then impressed with getting up at 5:00AM to get a workout in. All of this will sort itself out but it sure keeps me hopping. I’ve not practiced piano in two weeks … actually since I started work, and I miss that.

Stay tuned for more adventures. Yesterday my work computer died – probably from having its hard drive stuffed with the inventory – which I might add, I finally completed.

...and Quodlibet .... Brad says come by and have a coffee!

4 Comments:

  • Great view!

    By Blogger Nanook, at May 10, 2007 9:10 PM  

  • Very clever of you to figure out a way to lurk near planes all day. Does this mean I get another flight this summer?

    By Blogger paksenn, at May 11, 2007 4:32 PM  

  • Is it the same Brad who likes to eat homemade cookies???

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at May 12, 2007 12:30 AM  

  • You know, I don't know, the poor guy barely has a chance to eat his lunch. He knows his "stuff", that's for sure and is just a terrific mentor and all round decent guy. Met his wife, daughter and his son is working with him at the moment.

    By Blogger pingcat, at May 12, 2007 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page