reluctantriter

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's Official ...

The project:

OK, its official, even with the excellent help of Precious (see picture one), I am not a crafty person at all and I’m happy the project, is, in the main, covered up by the love seat. Where is my big sister when I need her?!? …. Oh yeah, right, visiting the nephew and niece in Singapore.

For a number of months I had put this project off, I think, because I wanted to do a good job and even when I started today, with all my tools, carpet cutter, hammer, tacks, ruler, tape, etc, I STILL wanted to do a good job. Unfortunately in no time at all the “good job” became “good enough for government work” – if you get my drift. Eventually, I suspect it became more like “Crap, lets just get it done”. Really, I have no clue as to the basics of this sort of thing. Certainly I have suspicions, that is, I suspect the corners need to be dealt with differently than the action I took, I suspect too, there is a way of tacking stuff so you don’t see the tacks, but at THAT point I was just thinking I want it DONE.

Maybe, just maybe, that’s how come I WAITED until Sis was out of the country. She definitely is NOT a “good enough” kind o’ gal, she has done beautiful art work, including some crafty stuff like psanky. So maybe this is my way of dealing with less than mediocre work. There is an old saying about the “cobbler sticking to his last”, which kind of means that one should do what one has talent for. Just now I “ripped” a DVD and transferred it to my ipod for later enjoyment. Some people can’t do that sort of thing and that sort of thing is more or less my “last”. Funny thing though, I’m pretty good with Ikea stuff, so go figure … mind you, there is NO cutting or measuring with Ikea, just a giant jigsaw puzzle

Today I have actually done my “To Do” list except the shopping part and there is still time for that … oh yeah, and voice mail … have not done voice mail but I can do that later for tomorrow. It makes me deeply suspicious that my TO DO list was TOO Short!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • Well thank god I didn't inherit any primeval need to craft. I too am incapable of creating objects that look anything like the intended result. I was mocked by rude camp mates about this disability throughout Girl Guides.

    By Blogger paksenn, at March 19, 2007 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page