reluctantriter

Saturday, March 17, 2007

That's Up



What's up? That's up!
Today I mainly rested but I did take time to check the Shriner’s Centre where we are going to hold our big whoopty-do of an 80th celebration. You gotta check it out, it is georgeous! One of the members has headed up a committee to get this sucker of the ground and he has done a marvelous job getting it all together and motivating his committee.

Big Band sounds, prizes, silent auction, roast beef buffet … only $65.00 which I think is cheap given that at an earlier point I purchased a couple of tickets to a dinner theatre presentation in support of a local charity and THAT cost $80.00 each!

Hopefully some of our “alum” will come although lots of them now work as professional pilots
and don’t have a clue as to their schedules very far in advance. Anywhoo that’s what’s for me today, now I am going to relax!...more … again … yet… still….

3 Comments:

  • I will have to remind Sean of the banquet. I think it would be great to get some of the old gang together: Steve D., Cory, Oliver O., Gladys, etc etc

    By Blogger CanaGal, at March 18, 2007 10:22 AM  

  • Hope you are feeling better.
    That centre is in a really gorgeous spot, wish I could come!

    By Blogger Nanook, at March 18, 2007 10:29 AM  

  • nanook, I swear, if you come, it would be MY treat .... should be a good time, I can't dance worth a damn but I really like Big Band music.

    By Blogger pingcat, at March 18, 2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page