reluctantriter

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

DEFINITLY not me, I have the sense to wear running shoes, etc

I lay debating the merits of pulling myself out of bed @ 5:00AM. I had seen 12:30, 3:00 and 4:00AM and was presently negotiating, telling myself I could go use my friend’s cross trainer, there was no need to go to the gym. Mentally, I slotted it in to occur right after lunch – when have I ever exercised after a meal? Never, nothing more than having a good brisk sit.

The benefit of an early rise was no traffic on the way down town and a good parking spot. At some point on the trip I realized that I had not taken my ipod and I was predicting that the TV would be super loud as it prime time.

The “cardio room” was almost at full attendance and I was only able to secure one of the trainers marked “If there are people waiting please restrict your time to twenty minutes”. Now, I’m thinking whoo-hoo, maybe I will have to give up this machine to the next person coming in the room. Throughout my session I watched in the mirror to insure there was at least one other cross trainer available. Now the truth of that statement is more like ….”through out the session I kept hoping tons of people, well OK, 3 or 4, would come into the room, thus forcing me to end my exercise session”. To my dismay people continually dismounted from equipment, no doubt to get on with their day of work. My session was the usual 30 minutes but today there were no bursts of speed and the ol’ heart rate was right up there with very little effort.

On my walk to the car I thought a piece of ash was headed towards me and I moved my head to avoid it. Ash? Ash? Highly unlikely! By the time I drove home there was a full scale snow squall occurring – good heavens, can’t even recognize snow, so I guess it is about time I re-introduced myself to my life!

Cats are very attentive, especially Spook which really surprises me – something tells me they have not seen my “To Do” list where “cat nail trim” is number one on the list.

1 Comments:

  • I can't believe the motivation it would take to go to the gym at 5 am. I'm more of a 5 pm gym goer (when I go at all!!!) "Good on ya" is all I can say!!

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at February 21, 2007 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page