reluctantriter

Thursday, July 27, 2006

This and That, Happy Thuuuuurrrrzzzday

This is the plane in which I went for a flight. My only reason for removing the ident. is because I'm sensitive about folk not necessarily wanting to be identified in my blog. It was a fun flight and I'm grateful.



Just a quick note before I start my day. Last night after a meeting, I had the opportunity to go flying as a passenger. Even the bumps that were experienced as a result of mountain lee wave were enjoyable as I had every confidence in the pilot. It made me realize how much I miss flying but at the same time, raises the question of balance and life style. Flying is not inexpensive and to do so on a regular basis would require much more effort in the earning of dollars department. More effort means less time to spend doing things and spending time with other people in my life. I guess it boils down to priorities. Flying for me, is like an addiction where one drink is too many and a thousand is not enough. As long as I don’t go flying I don’t miss it too, too much. Heck, I can even go to the Flying Club and have coffee, hangar talk and live vicariously through the adventures of others. However, once I am in the air, the ache and the excitement to take control interjects itself into a normally sane life.

More practical matters of the day … damn ‘puter! Somehow I’ve lost hundreds of emails that I thought were safely stored in files that I created. When I check my email from my @shaw account, if they are important or I think I might need to refer to them, I use to drag them over the appropriate file that I had created under the “inbox”. At some point my “Outlook”/”Outlook Express” burped and today, I look and find a brand new, entirely foreign opening page. No files created under the “inbox”, nadda …. Just 500 or so emails downloaded that I had review via “remote”. My use of “remote” was necessitated because my stupid email program could not seem to find the server. Annoyed? Doesn’t even begin to describe it! Problem solving technique …. ummm probably “denial” in the sense that I hope, I hope, I hope I really never need the things that were in those files. For sure, I think I will saving important emails to the external hard drive; it may well be that I was not even saving them on my C drive in the first place, although I “thought”/”hoped” that I was.

Oh well, onward with the day!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page