reluctantriter

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Some Things Are Better on the Carpet, Size DOES Matter and Screwing Around on a Saturday

Now that I have your attention ...
Some of you have been following my tale of relocating my office to my home. This move has entailed many changes, getting rid of some stuff and the need to acquire more storage space. Today and last evening were spent assembling Ikea products and for the record, I now consider myself the “Ikea-Queen-For-A-Day”



In this first picture you can see where I have obsessively lined up all the parts that came in the package, plus, you will also see a stuffed mouse, complements of …




This is the package without the mouse, just the stuff I think I might need.

Part of this project required me to pound some runners into some pre-drilled holes. While some things might be better on carpet, constructing Ikea furniture is NOT one of them - a little more rigidity is required for hammering, speaking of which …



Size does matter, at least in the hammering department. At first I was using a little tack hammer and getting nowhere fast, hence a larger, heavier hammer was employed.


This is the screwing part:




Lastly, you can see my final piece in the midst of construction under the watchful and critical eye of Spook, who finally got off her duff to check things out – she is probably looking for the mouse seen in the first shot. No doubt, quite concerned that it has been entombed somehow in the building project.

Well actually, it seems like the last picture does not want to load for this submission - who knows about the moods of the god blog!!!




2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page