reluctantriter

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Better Things To Do With My Time or… All Dressed Down ...

Well, I’ve read everyone’s blog who is anyone, and in some cases, actually made comments. My “To Do” list has been more or less – in this case “MORE”, ignored and now, I’m sitting here piddling around on the computer, when I ought to be doing “something” of value – so says my WASP upbringing – which I might add, as an adult, I’ve modified significantly to more like WASSOC, but more about THAT some other time.

Lately, I’ve been struck of how I’ve been of “two minds” on stuff, sometimes more than two, having to come to terms with the various shades of grey of many decisions. Some decisions were and are stark in their contrast to context. Moving my office comes to mind as one of those “stark” ones where there just wasn’t any question.

A friend of mine in her wise counsel, would explain stuff and then say: “On the other hand, which is why God gave us two hands…” and then launch into an alternate explanation for “the other hand”. She was, no doubt, very much aware of the shades of grey and might have at times, wished to be a millipede if hands and feet are interchangeable, which they seem to be in the animal world, of course except for humans.

Anyway, I am off to the local airport, and if you are reading this Amelia, I read where Singapore’s airport won first prize for best airport world-wise, coming out tops in 39 measurements, the airport I am going to is teeny-tiny compared to that one, it does however house a relic of sorts. A fellow called Fred McCall Junior has built a replica of his father’s “Curtis Jenny” and it will be put on display. The Prez. of our local Flying Club is off to Oshawa, not Ottawa, to receive a national prize on behalf of the Club and most of the other Board members are doing what WE ARE ALL SUPPOSE TO BE DOING – OFF FLYING SOMEWHERE and I, on behalf of the Club, road runner that I am, will be there to represent the Club. Anyone familiar with road runners knows that they are a bird that feels much more comfortable on the ground than in the air – certainly my state of late.

So, here I am, in my CFC tee-shirt and jeans, stuff that I WOULD WEAR if I were going FLYING, just ticking the time away getting ready to leave. The “other hand of all of this is … my natural inclination in a/c is towards the glass cockpits and sleek small jets like the Cessna Citations and here I am, “on the other hand” about to celebrate the memorialization of the “Jenny” and by extension, Fred Jr’s father.

More about dichotomies later as I sort through the flotsam and jetsam of my mind over the new while.

1 Comments:

  • The thing about Singapore airport is, it's super efficient. But I think it lacks character, unlike the one you mentioned :)

    Enjoy your trip!

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at June 25, 2006 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page