reluctantriter

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pieces of Weirdness

A week has passed since my last entry and an interesting week it has been. For the first time since age 16 I am car-less and pretty darned cranky about it. The lease on my car expired and I decided that I did not want to make the sort of payments the manufacturer would like in order to clear the account. Leasing has been interesting but at the end of a lease … well there is just nothing there. Certainly I considered another lease but I just could not get what I wanted in any sort of amount that my budget could tolerate. However, it seems that I am going to be able to “lease” a car from a friend of mine – talk about “friends”, eh? They don’t come any more devoted than that, I don’t think. Anyway, the car is somewhere between here and Halifax and, even if it were to come tomorrow, our GST tax is scheduled to drop by 1% July 1st so rather than pay 7%, I will wait until July when it is only 6% - at least right now, that is my vow, but I must say not having wheels is driving me and everyone around me, buggy. Singapore would NOT be a good city for me as I understand there is a humongous charge for having a vehicle there, seems to me too, London, UK has some sort of user tax if one drives down town – another good reason to live in Canada, yes?

This has been my first full week of working from my home. It has had its moments. It is very difficult to “work” in terms of paper-work; the rest seems OK although I am somewhat preoccupied with what the neigbours might think. The cats have adjusted amazingly. Speaking of which …

Now that I am home much, much more they are even less attentive to me during the day, if that can be imagined.
This picture shows Precious mostly under the bed trying to get some zzzz’s in.











You can see by this picture, Precious has both paws over her little eyes to block out the light, clearly indicating she would like to continue to snooze rather than entertain me.

Finally, she grants me something of an audience.


Ultimately, can you detect cat-speak for “What is it that YOU think is so important as to disturb me?!?


Spook? She has retreated far under the bed where it is comfy and dark!

So, the computer guy came, most of the work was painless, but why oh why does my wireless internet only work occasionally? Is it run by cats??? Why does my wireless prefer my neighbour’s signal to the one I pay for, located, I am sure in closer proximity? This sort of weirdness and unpredictability seems like cruel and unusual punishment, I mean, after all …. I do live with cats, is that not weird and unpredictable enough?

4 Comments:

  • What you turned in your Mercedes? I never got a chance to drive it. Quel horreur! What the heck kind of car are you getting?

    By Blogger paksenn, at June 22, 2006 1:06 PM  

  • Ummm the Merc was a six speed standard ... I doubt that you would have wanted to drive it given the lack of "automatic".

    By Blogger pingcat, at June 22, 2006 2:25 PM  

  • You without wheels??? Gasp! I hope you find something soon.

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at June 22, 2006 5:26 PM  

  • Yes,
    I agree that the standard drive might have been an obstacle but what the heck am I going to be chauffeured around in this August?

    By Blogger paksenn, at June 29, 2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page