reluctantriter

Monday, June 05, 2006

Telus, Round Two And It Is A DRAW!

The telephone guys were here as promised. My hand, the one I pounded on the table in such frustration is almost healed, I hardly notice it. The fellows that came this morning to do the job that was requested a week ago were as accommodating as all get out, very pleasant. Couple of tiny, tiny little flaws - at least at this point, if it isn't another box of books to unpack or diploma to hang, it must be a tiny flaw, but I digress …

It seems, I live in such an old building that there are only three telephone lines per unit. This means I either perpetually forward my personal line to the business lines or I lose a business line. Since, on my personal line, I seem to be providing a service only to telemarketers, I am seriously considering giving it up. The decision is not final and tonight I left it the way it was but … The other issue is, my alarm is completely gibbled. Well “gibbled” is too strong a word, it still works but if it were to be tripped, there is not communication via the phone line to the monitoring station as it is not set up to dial 9 before dialing the number … long story which I won’t go into, “9” is a characteristic of the Centrix system.

The other problem is, just when I thought I had this place sort of “together”, I’ve had to take it apart to accommodate jacks and so on. Books have been removed from shelves, fake trees dragged out of their perches and so on, all required to accommodate the installation process. Now that the guys are gone, one would think, finally, at long last I could get some closure … EXCEPT … I now need two additional two-line phones. This little project is seemingly endless at times.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page