reluctantriter

Monday, May 29, 2006

TELUS ... or ... TELL US

Telus … or … Tell Us

While the home office is not quite where I would like it, the hang ups are more related to things over which I have no control rather than those strictly MY responsibility. Case in point – my local telecommunications provider – fancy name for telephone guys, are called “telus”. Now “telus” is a cute name for telecommunications and I sure they paid some firm lots of bucks for such a clever moniker. However, as I sit and wait for these folk, I am beginning more and more to interpret their name as “Tell Us” – “they” will tell us, the rest of the folk, how things will be done. Actually I am hoping that by sitting here writing this they will prove me wrong and my door bell will ring announcing they have arrived to provide a service.

Never has telephone transfer/installation/service been without a hitch for me and my money is on the idea that today will prove no different. My business lines are based on a “Centrex” system, so I’ve been told. This means nothing to me beyond:
They are more expensive than usual
There are always “service” issues with them – things that are routine for other phone lines are NOT routine for these lines and I am often in a “you can’t get there from here” scenario
The block from xxx xxx xx40 to xxx xxx xx49 is all mine

Piles of “stuff” remain on the den floor awaiting Telus and the Cartage folk. Since I don’t know where telus needs to work, I am reluctant to stack stuff anywhere and I really cannot put it away BECAUSE I NEED THE CARTAGE GUYS!!

In an ideal world, telus would come here, first thing in the morning, since I made the service call a month ago, ask ME where I would like the jacks and how many I would like and have at it. What will probably happen today will be something along the lines of a later afternoon service call, or worse yet NO SERVICE CALL and a weak excuse of “oh, it must have fallen off the books because you booked too early”.

Assuming they appear, they will then announce:
“Oh no, we can’t put a centrix line here, there is insufficient whizzel-gigs.
“Oh we can’t put a jack there because we have no wire that will stretch that far, or some such nonsense.
“Yeah, we will put the jacks behind the filing cabinets, so would you move them please.

Well it gets even more interesting … just got a call from a “must-be-seen” client so it may well be someone else may doing all of the above.

Gotta just go with the flow on this …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page