reluctantriter

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Reality Check

Last time I was in Hawaii it was cold and rainy. In fact, the papers were saying that it was the wettest period since 1922 - even I'm NOT that old. This trip, the weather has not been particularly impressive. We decide yesterday that since the beaches in Waikiki may or may not be completely safe because of a 48 million gallon sewage spill into the Ali Wai and then swept along the beaches by the current, we would go to Ko Olina along the west coast of Oahu. Would you believe we awoke to a tsunami watch for THAT exact area. It has since been cancelled but I can’t help but wonder if the Hawaiian gods are some how very, very annoyed with me, especially the weather gods! Either that or those darned cats with their supernatural powers have been in touch with “friends” to insure a certain someone does not tarry too long. You know the routine; I can just hear both the cats saying: “My people will talk to your people and arrange this.” Girls? Girls? Can I have a vote on this? A little bit of tanning weather would be nice! On the other hand, if I don’t tan … well, I can always rust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page