reluctantriter

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Drifting & Dreaming

It is totally amazing how much I can sleep when I visit in Hawaii. My capacity to do this sleeping business gives me a much clearer understanding and appreciation of my cats and their preoccupation and seeming joy, relative to this activity. Usually I'm in bed for the night by around 8ish in the evening, certainly no later than 9:00PM. Keep in mind, almost every afternoon finds me napping for a bit around 3:00PM. Awakening occurs somewhere around 7ish. At one time when I visited here I would religiously arise at around six in the morning and go for a run. In October of 2004 I sprained my knee and found that walking home with a sprained knee was not an experience I wished to repeat - hence my running takes place on a treadmill inside a local facility - not too far a walk from the check in desk.

Unfortunately sleep, unlike the extra weight I manage to pack on while I am here, is not an item that can be stored up. When I get home, within a couple of days I will be dragging my butt but interestingly NOT taking any action to remedy my fatigue, like going to bed early. Strange, here in Hawaii, there is nothing or not much anyway, to retreat from in terms of fatigue production and yet .... I sleep tons. Once home, where there is no shortage of stresses and so on, especially those that will be confronting me this time ... nope, no early bedtime, no delightful nap in the afternoon!Just a piece of weirdness on my part - I really must pay more attention to the cats and their rhythms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page