reluctantriter

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dare to Dream Dreams

OK, Now I am excited! Just got a call from a buddy who has her own little plane and she is going to take me flying tomorrow. I do so love flying and my little heart leaps out of my chest at the thought of it. Even if we do not go tomorrow because of the weather, as is sometimes the case, the thought will bring me great joy at least until I find out otherwise.
There is something that feeds my soul when I fly, something in me changes, if only for brief the brief moments of flight. As John Gillespie McGee has written:
“… I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings”
When I am “there” I am certainly not “here” – if you get what I mean. Technically I am not a particularly skilled pilot, not a “natural” like some of my friends, but emotionally and spiritually, I believe I am a … “natural”.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like one little wonderful you got there in Hawaii.

    The sewage spill and the tsunami watch - is mother nature trying to tell us something?

    There are two kinds of people in this world - those who love flying and those who hate flying. I think the former are the lucky ones.

    So, soar high, my friend!

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at May 05, 2006 10:46 AM  

  • I get what you're saying my friend!

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at May 07, 2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page