reluctantriter

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Cast of Thousands


How do these things happen anyway? Just by chance I read the side bar of a comment made relative to an entry and discovered that my blog does not accept anonymous entries. How can my kitties get in touch with me if I have that restriction? While very 'puter literate - they must be because they spend tons of time around it and watching me, I'm quite sure they have yet to establish their own blogs. Not only my kitties but I am convinced many, many other folk probably have wanted to comment on my persuasive and erudite writing ... yeah, right. Anywhoo, my niece, bless her little heart, is very much in favour of not censoring stuff - very un-Canadian I might add, so I will try the anything goes approach until I have reason to do otherwise. Frankly in the world of blogging, I suspect that a path is not being beaten to my door - wow, could I come up with any more trite, figures of speech? Yep, some days, that's my life, a series of superficial, figures of speech. I finished "Conspiracy of Fools", I don't relish lugging it back in my luggage, especially since we all know the out come. One guy steals 35 million, has to return 23 million - after he has had use of the original 35 for some period of time and he gets 10 years for it. With mandatory parole, works out to be around "six and a gimme". Not bad pay if one can live with one's self.Currently I am reading "The Purpose Driven Life". There have been over ten million sold and I suspect it is probably more related to putting the book somewhere after reading a chapter or two and then losing it, requiring one purchase another rather than the electrifying prose. I read the first chapter about two years ago, didn't like it, put it away, but being such a bibliophile I couldn't bear to just toss it, so here I am, trying to read it again - because I am also too cheap to go buy another book for just a few more days in Honolulu - to which I might add, I've not been to a beach which might be a good thing given the contamination and so on. The folk here do not have a clue as to whether or not the beaches are "safe" or not!Such are my musing for today, a rather rambling collection of thoughts - I think I am avoiding the reality of my return home as the sh** is gonna hit the fan .... sigh.... as my old mother would say ... "He who pays the piper calls the tune".

3 Comments:

  • I too have started The Purpose Driven Life a couple of times. Once and a while I just pick it up and read a chapter.

    One of the best books I've read in a while was The Kite Runner. Highly recommend it - can loan it to you if you want when you get back!

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at May 08, 2006 7:57 PM  

  • Yes please .... sometime in ... ummm maybe July??

    I'm closing down the office downtown - rent increase and more on the way. My mailing address will remain the same but I will work out of the house which will be a big, big change for me.

    By Blogger pingcat, at May 08, 2006 8:25 PM  

  • So...what's the Purpose? ;p

    Working from home is great, if you're disciplined....

    What business are you in, Pingcat? *curious*

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at May 12, 2006 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page