reluctantriter

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Time Flies ... (and I'm a Little Jealous 'cause I'm NOT!)


Wow, I can’t believe that it has been so long since I last made a note in this blog. Since the pictures of the “girls” at the screen we have had winter at least three more times! My big sister is almost ready to return from Singapore and oh, yeah …. Pella the window people are STILL around.

Now remember, this process started, I think, back in October or November, with the need to book a date for the window replacement. By window I mean casing et al. The window and casement have been installed but there have been issue after issue. The most recent issue being, the inside trim. Did you know that the portion of the horizontal window ledge that sticks out into the interior of the room is called a window stool? Nah, me neither …. who knew a window even got tired and needed to sit down, anyway? At this point I know more about windows than what I need to given that I live in a condo because I DON’T DO REPAIRS! OK, the pine, which the installers originally installed has all been pulled and was suppose to be replaced by oak and it was SUPPOSE to take place in one day … nope, somehow the wall board/gyprock needed to be repaired and it will take TWO days …. They promise me that they will finish the next time they come BUT, the change means that I have to have the fellow doing the stain return as he will now be working with OAK & PINE as the inside frame of the window remains pine, only the head jamb and side jambs as well as the stool remain pine. The staining, I already know, will take two days of noxious odor. Sssshheee!

The cats hate being confined to my room while these guys are working and today I asked if I could leave them free the next time they came by. The team lead assured me that there would be no problem. The cats were released from kitty-jail and not two minutes later the team lead left the door wide open. Fortunately for me (and the cats) they were still sulking upstairs and missed their opportunity to escape. In fact, I was discussing the very fact that I have two kitties with them and proposed the following remedy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page