reluctantriter

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Out of the Chaos

Spent the weekend doing, or more accurately, trying to do taxes. If you were my "March Bank Statement" where would YOU be??? Of course, the last place I left you! More to the point, where the heck is that? Of course, without that statement I am more or less "hooped" until I go to the bank and get a copy but even then, there cancelled cheques will not be part of the picture.

Looking for the good in all of this ... I did about two years worth of filing, thinking that somehow the statement might have paper clipped itself (notice the lack of accountability there!) to another document. It seems that my hands have touched every piece of paper that has passed through my office in the last two or three years. The cats also had plenty of company as I turned things upside down at home. They got to play, "lets remove the paper clips and roll around in the lose papers". What is it about cats and paper, especially paper bags?!?

All my efforts, to no avail. Hopefully the bank will be able to provide what I need and I can get on with it. It certainly serves to remind me of how much I dislike some aspects of being self-employed - that and NO pension. On the positive side, I like my boss and I like my job. It is nice to be able to take time off as I like, although, when I am not working, I'm not getting paid.

It amazes me how much I think about this blog and the blogs of others. As well as a blog, I keep a personal, hand written journal, but throughout the day I find myself thinking about what I might write for public consumption. If anyone had told me I would be preoccupied to any extent I would not have believed it.

However, I must say, there is something to be said for taking pen in hand, I have a fountain pen that I use, and actually making a page come alive as opposed to typing. Sometimes when I write, I will write a word that I had not anticipated, as it it were forcing itself from my sub-conscience, it is always interesting when that happens and sometimes I pursue the thought, sometimes I am just mildly amused and move on.

What will this week bring? Hopefully, a copy of my bank statement since the original eludes me and hopefully, some kind of closure to the tax task!

6 Comments:

  • don't worry, the bank will have a copy!
    :-)

    By Blogger CanaGal, at April 17, 2006 9:19 PM  

  • It's the time of the year, isn't it. Good thing I got to file my taxes online. Maybe you could try?

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at April 18, 2006 9:42 AM  

  • Do you do online banking because you could print yourself a statement that way! I have discovered online banking in the past year - wow - I'm much more on top of things now. It's awesome - you should try it if you havn't already!

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at April 18, 2006 1:22 PM  

  • Thanks for all the help and yes, the Bank came through with a copy. I do "on line" banking NOW but we are talking 2004. OK, OK, I will admit to having only recently emerged from a cave into the enlightened world of "computerology". Had I know it would be so much fun ... well...I know, I know, the cats tried to tell me about it (more about this some other time), after all, they were using the thing all day but I've been stubborn - a trait the cats can't stand. I believe they refer to it as "dogged determination" with emphasis on the "dog" part.

    By Blogger pingcat, at April 18, 2006 4:32 PM  

  • 4 n011

    that was from Eddie the cat

    By Blogger CanaGal, at April 18, 2006 7:34 PM  

  • As someone who used to do your filing I am suprised to hear of your difficulties. As a librarian I appreciated the arcaneness of your filing system but it worked.

    By Blogger paksenn, at April 19, 2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page