reluctantriter

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Mastery

Good Morning Cats (I'm quite convinced you guys are on the computer when I leave the house otherwise, why would there be so much fur on the desk and the monitor?).

Finally, finally I think I've figured out how to write in my own blog and it was so embarrassingly simple that I won't go into detail just in case someone who even has an elementary understanding of the process should read it. Mind you, just to keep me humble, I've not discovered how to check the spelling of submissions without losing them and then having to retrieve them from the ether. Perhaps I should ask the cats as they seem so much smarter than me.

Today is Saturday and I do enjoy Saturday especially if I have nothing scheduled. It seems no matter what time, how late, something gets scheduled on Saturday it becomes an ominous presence throughout the day until it comes to pass. It seems to shadow the day, even when it is a good thing. In fact often, it seems like a good thing at the time. While feeling somewhat superior to the cats as I know how to work the electric can opener and they don't, I think I will let them bask in the benefit of my wisdom, meaning I shall go feed them. No doubt my usefulness would diminish significantly if they could ever figure out the system. Thank heavens I bought one of those fancy-schmancy can openers that remove the sharp edges from lids and cans .... so much harder to use!

5 Comments:

  • Welcom to the blogosphere. No, that is not a frightening skin condition. I am glad to hear that your cats are keeping you on your toes.

    By Blogger paksenn, at April 08, 2006 6:47 PM  

  • Hi Pingcat,

    Thanks for posting on my blog :)

    Have you been to Singapore? If you enjoy city life, you'll love it.

    By the way, I'm also a cat lover. What's your little one's name? I used to have a grey persian with green eyes named Silky, but had to give her away (set her up in a good home though). Long story...

    Now I'm a godmother to my friend's 12 cats. We used to have 13 but one of them was, sigh, murdered. We found Stuart wrapped up in a red plastic bag and dumped near a rubbish bin. We sent it to the forensics but too many overlapping fingerprints showed up. So, dead end for us there.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at April 09, 2006 2:03 AM  

  • Hi Pingcat,

    Thanks for posting on my blog :)

    Have you been to Singapore? If you enjoy city life, you'll love it.

    By the way, I'm also a cat lover. What's your little one's name? I used to have a grey persian with green eyes named Silky, but had to give her away (set her up in a good home though). Long story...

    Now I'm a godmother to my friend's 12 cats. We used to have 13 but one of them was, sigh, murdered. We found Stuart wrapped up in a red plastic bag and dumped near a rubbish bin. We sent it to the forensics but too many overlapping fingerprints showed up. So, dead end for us there.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    By Blogger Amelia Earhart, at April 09, 2006 2:03 AM  

  • Regrettably, I’ve not been to Singapore, although most of my family has and the one that has not plans to visit next year. Very sorry to hear of Stuart’s demise. My two cats are as different as night and day temperamentally. In both cases, the owners died and Spook, aged six, was left alone for a number of months in the house and food just chucked in at her. They managed, finally, to extract her from the back of the cloths dryer, hiding in the motor department so she is really, really skittish whenever there is any sudden change in routine – a different voice in the house, the doorbell ringing, etc. Precious is only two and acts like a two year old – into everything, very curious, really an extrovert. Both are blue-eyed, Spook a Siamese and Precious, a Burmese cross. If they were Myers-Briggs folk Spook would be an INTP and Precious would be an ESFP. Frankly I think of them sometimes as cranky little old ladies in cheap fur coats!

    By Blogger pingcat, at April 09, 2006 9:26 PM  

  • I loved Spook. I figured that you must have been joking by calling him Spook because when I catsat for you those times, Spook greeted me warmly, never left my heels and let me rub his belly. Sooooooo sweet. We bonded immediately! I think he might have missed you terribly, however, and decided to allow me into his space in the meantime!

    By Blogger Quodlibet, at April 13, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page