reluctantriter

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It Is Safe To Come Out Now/Circle of Life



Ah yes ... I cannot believe how long it has been since I've written, actually put down in type, something for my blog, yes, almost a year to the day. The title, somewhat symbolically tells it all. Today I am going to a funeral, not a close friend, actually the husband of a "not-a-close-friend". It speaks, I think, of the value shift I am experiencing as my age advances. Others, my contemporaries and those older, talk of respect, lack of respect, but I believe it is about sensitivity and the capacity to be less self absorbed and more aware of the pain of living of others. The lessening of self absorption is directly related to my blog and hence the first part of the title - notably the first part so we know, self absorption has abated somewhat but by no means dismissed.

It costs me only time to attend today's events and I know, it means something to the principle bereaved and those close to that person. Such a simple act ... and one not exercised often enough, as I too become more in tune with the need for sensitivity, respect, acknowledgement - not to mention being even more convinced of the appropriateness of decisions made as a young person.

To the point, "It is Safe To Come Out Now" is a message to myself. Seriously, I thought when I quite contributing to my blog someone, somewhere, would protest/make note/comment at the dearth. Nope a legend in my own mind so to speak and to exercise a cliche. When I started to blog it was to read the entries of a friend who has long since moved on to Facebook. The blog, for me, was NOT to be about me so that it mattered if it was read or not and THAT concept was lost near the end of the blog life. Having come to terms with that, it is now "Safe To Come Out Now", begin writing again and just enjoying rather than having it entertain anyone else for anything!

Friends and those I know who have moved on to Facebook ought to consider Twitter as there is not much substance beyond cryptic comments for the rest of us to consider. My own foray into the realm of social media has been a dismal flop and really only records my "Farming" activities and my ineptitude at same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page