reluctantriter

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year .... Happy or Not, It IS a New Year


Seriously, you know you are not blogging enough when you can't remember how!  It seemed like a giant brain cramp....   Since this is a New Year and all I thought I might put together a few thoughts on a more frequent basis than in the past year .... like even writing this much exceeds 2011's output.

Today, for the first time in a long time I did a bit of a walk through the neighbourhood, only 30 minutes and not with enough energy to kick my heart rate monitor into action.  In August of 2010 my sweet little "Molly-car" was rear-ended by another car.  My suspicion is that the other driver was texting or otherwise distracted, no matter the cause the result is the same.  Really, I do not want to go into detail, suffice to say, Molly was repairable, me, not so much.  It seems I now have more time off from the "day job" than what I would have liked.

My thinking is, blogging has gone the way of the Passenger Pigeon, with twitter and facebook usurping the role once filled by blogs.  To blog is to commit which isn't to say twittering is not a commitment and in some ways more challenging than the luxury of  space and words allowed by blogs.

The girls, as you can see, have the chairs "covered" and they send their cat best which is closer to "whatever" or "mew" than anything else.  We shall see how this brand new year unfolds and I will practice gratitude and joy - seriously I need to practice these things as I am very rusty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pingcat1. Make your own badge here.
Locations of visitors to this page